Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Grandpa!

This weekend we went out to the city for my Grandpa Nelson 80th surprise birthday party. It was fun to honor such an amazing man.
Grandpa and Grandma
Waiting for him to come inside
Grandpa and his older sister Aunt Ruth.
This picture is for Meg. The twins are 10 MONTHS OLD!!! Crazy huh Megan!
Lighting the candles on his cakes.... yes we had two cakes cause they couldn't fit 80 candles on one cake!!
Grandpa took a deep breath and then BBBLLLEEEWWW...
Three deep breaths and he had those candles blew out so fast!
My Grandparents had five children so each of them took a few minutes to honor there dad. My mom told stories, Shauna told a few stories then her oldest son played the ukulele that my Grandpa taught him how to play, Kip and his family sang a song that Grandpa would sing them to sleep, Toni and her kids sang a song too and then Ambria told a story about him and grandma. Then Holly gave him questions to see if he could remember things when his kids were younger.
It was fun to listen to all of them, but this is what my dad and Larry thought of it all.......
Just kidding, they just saw me with my camera and knew it was a picture opportunity to be silly.
After everything was said and done it was picture time...
Here is Grandpa with his Great Grandkids, except for three of them. We missed you Riley, Leila and Ben.
Here Grandpa and Grandma with some of their Grandkids and spouses. we were missing seven people in this picture.
Grandpa and Grandma with their kids except one son in-law.

No comments: